Arizona Revised Statute 10-3825. Committees of the board
A. Unless the articles of incorporation or bylaws provide otherwise, the board of directors may create one or more committees and appoint members of the board of directors to serve on them. Each committee shall have one or more members, and each member of a committee shall serve at the pleasure of the board of directors.
B. The creation of a committee and appointment of members of the board of directors to it must be approved by the greater of:
1. A majority of all the directors in office when the action is taken.
2. The number of directors required by the articles of incorporation or bylaws to take action under section 10-3824.
C. Sections 10-3820 through 10-3824 governing meetings, action without meetings and notice, waiver of notice, quorum and voting requirements of the board of directors also apply to committees and their members.
D. Subject to the limitations set forth in subsection E of this section, each committee of the board may exercise the authority of the board of directors under section 10-3801 to the extent specified by the board of directors or in the articles of incorporation or bylaws.
E. A committee shall not take any of the following actions:
1. Authorize distributions.
2. Approve or recommend to members any action that requires the members’ approval under this chapter.
3. Fill vacancies on the board of directors or on any of its committees.
4. Adopt, amend or repeal bylaws.
5. Fix the compensation of directors for serving on the board of directors or any committee of the board of directors.
F. The creation of, delegation of authority to or action by a committee does not alone constitute compliance by a director with the standards of conduct described in section 10-3830.
G. The board of directors may designate one or more directors as alternate members of any committee who may replace any absent member at any meeting of the committee.